I seem to completely lose track of time when I see this screen, so between me trying to limit my opportunities for mysterious time disappearance and me just getting busy with daily stuff, I'm a bit late. I've continued working on Psalm 27 and have 10 of the 14 verses locked in. I truly hope you'll give scripture memory a go if you're reading this. I know it makes a difference. I have experienced the real benefits of being ready with scripture, as well as heard countless testimonies from dear friends. The enemy is constantly preparing attacks against us--God's Word is the sword we use to fight back. If we are not under attack, someone we know probably is and a scripture locked in our brain is an immeasurable help when they need encouragement and our Bible is not with us. Even in more calm times, God's Word is a great encouragement--once memorized, don't just set it aside, but continue to refresh your mind by reviewing those verses you've worked on. It's like sword practice...we sharpen our swords (our knowledge and understanding of God's Word) by memorizing, reviewing, muttering God's Word to ourselves, so that when the battle comes our swords are not rusty and too heavy for us. I don't know about you, but this is one warrior princess who wants to be ready.
Here's a bonus picture of our boys as knights just a few years ago:

Happy is he who knows how to use his sword!
No comments:
Post a Comment