To me, winter seems like it should be a slow time of year. I don't know, perhaps the fact that all of nature slows down...trees grow more slowly, bears hibernate, plants are no longer blooming. This winter has not felt slow. At all. On one hand it's nice because I don't feel like the snow and cold is dragging on. {I've really enjoyed the beauty of our winter weather!} But on the other hand, our weeks are filling up at a feverish pace and just when we get one "really busy" week past us and think the next one will be slower, we find out that the next week has just as much awaiting us. Nevertheless, we can only manage one day at a time. And I am really trying to do that~just focus on what needs to be done today...by breakfast...by lunch...by dinner...by bedtime. Our faithful God continues to guide and things are getting done. Perhaps not on my lightning speed timetable, but we haven't starved and bills haven't been late.
My verse for this season does not mirror the busyness of it, but it calms my spirit. Two of the things I pray for God to grow in me most often are wisdom and discernment. May I grow more in these ways...
"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, accommodating, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and not hypocritical."
James 3:17 The NET Bible
No comments:
Post a Comment