Saturday, February 4, 2012

Scripture Memory for 2012, anyone???

January was a month to review my memory verses and really be sure I had them since I knew I'd be saying them to a siesta at the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration {aka SSMTC} on January 21st.

Then along comes February...there is no event to encourage memorization of Scriptures at the end of this year, however I cannot believe I made it through the last three years on my own strength. My word, it has been a ride!

SO, I will begin my 4th year of memorizing God's Word~I would LOVE for YOU to join me!! I'm going to follow the method I've used over the last few years with Beth Moore's blog ~ I'll sign in on the 1st and 15th of each month with my verse, its location and translation and you can leave your verse {of your own choosing} in the same manner as a comment.

Obviously, I'm a little late for the 1st of February, but the verse I chose came from the teaching Beth brought at the SSMTC. We learned so much through 2 John and were challenged to memorize verse 8. Since I don't want to lose any spiritual ground that I've fought to gain, I find it so appropriate!

Here's mine:

Audrey, Ohio
2 John 8 ESV
Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.

So 2012, bring it on, but know we'll be ready with our sword {of the Spirit~the Word of God} in the right hand and our shield {of faith-Ephesians 6:16-17} in the left!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leann, Ohio

Here is my verse for Feb. 1st{4 days late}

Proverbs 3:5 NLT
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Karen said...

Karen
Kentucky
James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God, Resist the devil and he will flee from you (KJV)