I am loving what our church is learning from Romans 12 ~ what discipleship looks like, what sacrifice means (you couldn't just sacrifice half an animal...we can't just offer God half of ourselves), the fact that we are constantly either transforming more and more into Christ-likeness or conforming more and more into the image of the world. God truly is wise and His ways truly are better ~ I so wish we could grasp this truth and not have to find out the hard way.
I'm choosing to begin a passage from 1 Corinthians (in segments) that sounds profound to me every time I read it, so here goes:
Audrey, Ohio
1 Corinthians 1:20-21 ESV
"Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe."
The things this world holds dear don't amount to anything in the end, but praise God, He uses the "foolish" of the world (who are willing to open their mouths to speak His Truth) to save those willing to hear and follow! May we walk forward in His Truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment