I am so thankful for the privilege of having a husband who is continuously seeking to be better at what he does--being a husband, dad, communicating God's love and leading those around him. He is constantly coming home with new books--the latest being "The Truth About You" by Marcus Buckingham, a wonderful strengths based success book that you work through. It's so exciting because when he is learning, it spurs me to learn, too (I don't want him to be that much smarter than me!!!). Just kidding...I actually love learning. There are things I watch or read that I never thought I would when I was a teenager. There's a show on Discover or some channel like that called "How it's made"--horse saddles, car windshields, tons of stuff. I've been learning tons about nutrition in the last few months, too. Tosca Reno's clean eating cook book is one of my recent reads, along with a lot of other info to go along with it. Our boys are definitely adapting to our more nutritious lifestyle (it wasn't horrible before, but we've definitely kicked it up a notch). A few weeks ago, after checking out at Meijer, we (evidently) passed an older man scanning several 'un'healthy items. And Ezekiel calls out, "What's that man thinking?! Those aren't healthy!!" We just continued walking away, hoping he wasn't offended, because we're pretty sure he heard.Anyway, back to my fantastic husband's example, it was his idea for us to begin P90X and the whole nutrition makeover. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
He definitely makes me a better woman :)
No comments:
Post a Comment