Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weeks of Craziness

So, at the time being our boys are being totally crazy, sandwiched between 3 weekends of retreats/conferences.  At least I feel more up to the task of a day than I did yesterday--I may as well have been in bed all day.  I was beat.  Saturday and Sunday Craig and I and 8 other adults took almost 40 high school students up to Wisconsin Dells to the Wilderness Resort and Indoor Waterpark.  By now we've been doing this every year for 4-5 years and we all really look forward to it.  We have also gone to 3 different resorts--Kalahari, Great Wolf and now the Wilderness.  Kalahari is by far the best--great rides that are all in one huge room, CLEAN, great locker rooms with privacy for those of us who would rather not get buck naked in front of the world, and those cool swimsuit spinners that get almost all of the water out.  Plus, this year we got to take a charter bus--how cool is that!  So we were recovering from the physical, emotional, and spiritual effects of preparing and tackling a trip of that size (our largest trip ever by the way), and now we have work, school and lots of other smaller things to do before we leave Friday afternoon for Superstart!, a CIY conference for 4-6th graders (although we are only taking 4-5th graders since 6th graders are in our Junior high group).  We had tremendous excitement for that as well--23 students and parents besides Craig and me--WOW!!!  The group that makes Superstart! happen is wonderfully creative and does a great job sharing God's love and how we can live for God right now with the students they have come.  We'll be home for church Sunday, through the Current on Wednesday, then we'll leave immediately for Craig's mom and dad's house.  I am so excited about going because I get to go to a Pastor's wives conference with Beth Moore--how cool is that!  I don't know what to expect so I'm just gonna let God surprise me :)
Well, the natives are getting restless and lunch is in order, so that's all for now...oh yeah, soccer and t-ball practices should start soon--did I mention we're a little crazy around here?

1 comment:

Momma Peep said...

You guys are awesome parents and youth leaders! Glad the trip went well and everyone came back in one piece...now go feed those kids lunch!;)