Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ball Games, Gardens & Chefs

Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures soon, but we kicked off our t-ball season with a bang last Saturday--complete with pictures, parade, 2 full innings of hitting and fielding and HOT DOGS!  Normally I don't much care for hot dogs, but Craig grilled these lowfat turkey hot dogs and we had wheat buns, so I felt a little bit better about eating them (that's right, I ate 2--and I wasn't the only one!!) and that made them taste so much better :)

The boys had a blast and were requesting to play certain positions, which the coaches allowed them to play.  We had grandparents from both sides of the family over for the big day--what a special time for Ezekiel & Isaiah!

On Monday we begin our games for both soccer and t-ball.  That's right, both on the same night.  I'm ready to soak in these next two weeks because soccer only has 2 weeks left (4 games total) and although it will be a busy 2 weeks, the boys will have so much fun!

On a different note, we are planting a garden this year and just planted our peppers tonight.  Hopefully I'll have pics of little sprouts to post in a couple weeks--we could easily have up to 35 plants if all of the seeds grow, but I doubt that will happen.  We'll plant and water and see what God does.

Before I go, I'll leave you with a few pictures of a friendly neighborhood practice baseball session we had back in February, as well as 2 proud boys displaying their chef's talent in making lunch for me!



1 comment:

Kristen said...

Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you! Hope all is well!! Keep in touch! Blessings~Kristen for the Rieckes