Thursday, April 16, 2009

Overwhelmed

I may ramble, but try to stick with me here...
These past few weeks have been interesting.  They began with me feeling completely overwhelmed with my "to-do" list--some stuff that really needed to be done, other stuff that would pop up throughout the day, and still other stuff that sounded more appealing to me than what really needed to be done.  Several mornings I would confess to God how overwhelmed I felt and that I really needed His help.  Then I read a wonderful Psalm during my quiet time at the beginning of last week...Psalm 37, about trusting in the LORD, committing everything you do to Him, being still in His presence, waiting for Him, allowing Him to be the avenger of wrongs and allowing Him to care for us.  Then tucked away in verses 23 & 24 David writes, "The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD.  He delights in every detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand."  I was completely overwhelmed!!!  But this time, I had a freeing feeling, not of being trapped in my "list."  So I began praying...instead of asking God to help me with my "list" or take away the awful feeling it gave me, I asked Him to overwhelm me with HIM.  He is so faithful!  This past week was full of thinking.  We prepared and observed our first Passover Seder (the Jewish Passover meal of remembrance) and the boys were definitely sure that it was special as they carried the fine china to the table with extra sensitive hands.  We remembered the sacrifice and pain and love of our Saviour on Good Friday with appropriate gloomy weather for such a day.  Then Sunday came--oh, how good it was to wake up and remember HE'S ALIVE!!!  Death is defeated, sin has no power over us, for He has broken those chains once and for all.  I was thrilled to enter His sanctuary!  We witnessed a powerful drama and I was overwhelmed by His love, His goodness, His greatness.
So, I have accomplished a lot on some days, and not so much on others (and on those I ask for more focus :), but through these last several days He has carried me on the promise that I may stumble, but I will never fall!  Glory!

No comments: