but we've gotta start somewhere. The garden pictured in the previous post looks much different today. Our corn, broccoli, sugar snap peas and lettuce did really well and are done growing so they all got uprooted this afternoon--who knew lettuce would be so easy and corn so hard to uproot??? I guess their size should have given me some clue, but I'm not always as smart as I look--haha! Our poor, poor watermelons had to be uprooted before we could harvest a single one. A wise word to any who would be looking to plant a garden/seedless watermelon next year--you must plant a seedless watermelon ALONG WITH a seeded variety. Something to do with pollination and how they have to alter the seeds to produce a seedless melon. I was so sad! Ezekiel requested watermelons and Isaiah requested strawberries and we got neither! Out of the 25 strawberry plants I planted, only 1 (no that was not a typo, that's ONE) plant grew. I tell you that was one expensive plant! Plus, strawberries don't tend to produce the first year they are planted, so we should have some next year, but no fruit for my boys right now. Bummer.
Life continues to move at lightning speed, although Craig is moving much faster than the boys and I this week. We had our first day of school on Wednesday (the same day the public schools began), then again today, so my Tuesday was spent lesson planning and reorganizing like a madwoman, but we got it done and now we get to rest tomorrow. The boys are already looking forward to the weekend.
Our ladies' small group study of Esther has been so much fun and so very insightful. God continues to teach me the importance of timing, waiting, and the value (and detriment) of our words. But that above all, He is working for our good, He loves us, He is totally prepared to fight for us, and He already proved His loyalty by dying for us. WOW! The LORD is an amazing God, so faithful and trustworthy. May I bring Him glory in my everyday actions and attitudes.
Have you learned anything worth remembering lately? Maybe we can learn from each other!
No comments:
Post a Comment