On Monday, September 28, 2009, Ezekiel decided to sing "Happy Day" by Fee. It goes a little like this...'O, happy day! Happy day! You washed my sins away! O, happy day! Happy day! I'll never be the same!..." So I asked Ezekiel, "What does it mean to have your sins washed away?"
Ezekiel: "You get baptized and ask Jesus into your heart."
Mommy: "Do you have Jesus in your heart?"
Ezekiel: "No, but Daddy hasn't..." (not sure I remember, but it's not important :)
I went on to let Ezekiel know that this was a very important decision that he needed to make, so we wanted to let him come to us to talk about it--we totally did not want to pressure him into anything. So I asked him if he wanted to talk to Daddy and I about it that day. Why, yes, he did :) So that night after our bedtime prayers, Ezekiel asked Jesus to come into his heart!
We had a wonderful family day together on Tuesday, then Wednesday morning we had a baptism service in our bathtub. The church baptistry seemed a little daunting (and deep!), so we had a holy, intimate moment right here, but I caught it on video because we wanted to share it with you!
Daddy and Mommy are so proud of your decision, Ezekiel!
5 comments:
Wow! How awesome for Ezekiel and your family!
Glad to connect with you via the LPM blog. I am also memorizing verses - what a joy and what a challenge. God has spoken to me through every single verse He's chosen for me. I will be at the celebration in January, and I'll hope to meet you there!
Blessings and joy!
What a beautiful day, rejoicing with you and your family.
Such a delight to stop by today. Such an encouragement to read your posts and be splashed in God's goodness
Splashing for His glory,
Sarah Dawn
Beautiful!!!!
How exciting for your family! Cute picture of the three of you so you can remember this always.
That is just about as good as it gets!!!! I love it! It was an honor to have you visit my blog, thank you for your encouraging words. Hope to run into you again real soon :)!
Post a Comment