Wednesday, March 3, 2010

1st Scripture Memory

I'm definitely a few days late--sorry about that! We had a fabulous time with our youth leaders and high schoolers (and our family!) at our Winter Retreat this last weekend. So Monday we recouped and the fact that it was March 1st completely slipped by me. I'm in the middle of two open houses where I'm sharing about my recent trip to Cambodia--one was last night, the other will be tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a chance in the next week to post some pictures. But until then, here's one pic of our group on our last night :)



In the midst of our busyness, I don't feel like I have a good enough handle on my memory verse from last time, so I'm going to continue working on it. Here it is again:

Matthew 11:28-30 Message

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

This verse sounds good to me, but it also calms my soul. I want to get it, really get it. I'm constantly putting unnecessary pressure on myself, so it may take me a while, but I'm pretty sure it could change my life.

1 comment:

Angie Mock said...

Here is my verse:
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners."
Isaiah 61:6