So, at least I warned that I might be a tad late! We've been super busy and are learning tons of stuff that I want to share as soon as I can make sense of it (and be sound enough to put together a reasonable sentence!).
My scripture today comes from the Message translation and I love it!
Matthew 11:28-30 Message
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Jesus' words are so comforting to me. I've been immersed in a people whose hope is not in Him and although I do see smiles on their faces, I don't sense a peace about their spirit. Oh, how I want to learn the UNFORCED rhythms of grace!!! I try so hard to follow a schedule--it really does help me, so it's not bad. But sometimes I find myself becoming a slave to my schedule. Just a couple of the many reasons why I love this verse.
What are you working on searing on your heart and mind? Do share!
5 comments:
Sorry I haven't got on to share my verses yet... Here are the verses I am working on for last month and this month:
Deuteronomy 6:5-9 NIV
5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.
7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
Tisha Olauson
hiya Audrey - This was one of my verses last year - but in NKJV:
Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yolk upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowley in spirit, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yolk is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
Miss you and I hope your trip was fabulous!!!
Bridget
Hey Audrey~
...my verses this time around~
Philippians 4:12-13 & 19 (NIV)
12) I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
13) I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
19) And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
God bless you and yours~
Teri
Corpus Christi, TX
http://teri-free2bme.blogspot.com/
My verse (finally!) is:
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
Isaiah 64:4
Audrey,
This goes so well with my writing, "Preparation".
My scripture verse for the 15th is:
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jeremiah 33:3 ESV
Lovingly,
Yolanda
Post a Comment