Tuesday, June 15, 2010

15th Scripture Memory

So, I have several other "things" I'd like to throw out on this blog. These last few weeks have flown by, but I'm hoping to have some time in the next week to add some family posts :)

I began thinking yesterday...what verse should I focus on at this point of this year in my life??? Immediately this verse popped in my head:

Philippians 2:5-8 (New International Version)

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very naturea]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very natureb]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross!


Or at least the beginning of it. I've heard this verse many times, but have not commit it to memory, so this is the time! I've been quite tired the last few days and my attitude has shown it. I cannot recall how many times I've told our boys, "I know you're tired, but you still can't treat ________ like that." I had to apologize and ask for forgiveness for my behavior yesterday. I hate giving in to the enemy!

So, I will focus on my attitude as I memorize these verses. Jesus was always patient, kind, loving and gentle...even when He had taught, healed and traveled all day. I want to be more like Him.

2 comments:

bridget610 said...

Lamentations 3:22-24
22 Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
      Because His compassions fail not.
       23 They are new every morning;
      Great is Your faithfulness.
       24 “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!”
       25 The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
      To the soul who seeks Him.
       26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
      For the salvation of the LORD.

I learned v22-23 last year. Now adding the rest

sister sheri said...

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
John 14:21

"He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
John 8:47