Wednesday, August 18, 2010

15th Scripture Memory

Wow, I'm a little later than usual, but here goes...

Philippians 4:4-9 ESV

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me--practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

We have been in a season of waiting and although God has now shown us the church we get the joy of ministering to/with and our new home (as well as a few other things), we are still waiting on our home to sell. Some days we need to remember to rejoice in the Lord, to not be anxious, to let God know what we're thinking and feeling and to be thankful for all He has already done and all He continues to do. I need to know that God's peace will guard my heart and mind when the enemy seeks to overwhelm me with all that needs to be done. I want to keep my chin up through this process and strengthen my trust in our faithful God that has never let us down. Not even once.

Continue Your work in me, Lord. I trust in Your timing

1 comment:

Carol Hensley said...

Audrey, one of the verses I learned but didn't post in February was Psalm 41:4-5 "But I trust in you, O Lord. I say, "You are my God. My times are in Your hands." I thought about it again after reading your comment.

For August 15:
I am personalizing this one from Isaiah 46:3-4
Listen to Me,Carol,you whom I have upheld since you were conceived,and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you, and I will carry you; I will sustain you, and I will rescue you.
(I replaced, O house of Jacob, with my name.)