Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1st Scripture Memory

Much has happened this summer and I want to update with some pictures, but soon...for now I am going to work on a scripture that has been impressed upon my heart from a Bible study I've been working through this summer. We've been learning about seduction and how much grace should be shown to a truly repentant heart--when someone realizes they've done wrong and turn from it, we must be the body of Christ and embrace them, growing in grace. So here it is...

2 Peter 3:17-18

I am warning you ahead of time, dear friends. Be on guard so that you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing. Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to Him, both now and forever! Amen.

I don't want to grow in knowledge only, but in grace, too!

1 comment:

Carol Hensley said...

Audrey, I can't thank you enough for challenging us in this way. I haven't kept up with my reports to you but have memorized 2 passages a month since Jan. All have been so relevant for my need of the moment, and I have been able to share many at appropriate times with friends in need of encouragement. Shall I spell them all out? For now, I will just give the references- all from the NIV: Psalm 25:4-5, Psalm 34:1-5, Ps. 31:14-15, 2Cor.4:18-20, Joshua 1:8-9, Dt.10:12-13, 1Chr.28:9, Ps. 73:23-24, Jer.32:17,19,Rom. 15:13, Ps.46:10-11, 2Chr.14:11
Ps. 139:23-24, Is.33:6, Is. 38:17
Carol