Two years ago I accepted a challenge that has radically changed my life! Beth Moore needed an accountability partner for 2009 to memorize scripture with and she chose her blog community of 'siestas.' Anyone was welcome to participate and it was a blast. I can't tell you how much I've learned and how many times the LORD brings a scripture to mind at just the right time~to encourage me or someone else. We celebrated keeping our commitment of memorizing 24 scriptures (2 per month) in January 2010 with worship, teaching, fun and the awesome power of hearing nothing but God's Word rising from 500 lips as we recited our verses to one another. WOW!!!
I knew if I laid scripture memory down for a time it would be easy for me to walk away from it altogether, so I've continued the practice of meditating on and memorizing 2 passaged a month for 2010. Well, the challenge is back! It's 2011 and the siestas are keeping one another accountable on Beth's Living Proof blog once more. Please join us!! We will celebrate the victory of this year together in January 2012 and I would love for you to be with us!
On that note, I've been quite late in posting my second December scripture, so here it is:
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 TNIV
"Hear O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."
I knew much of these verses, but had never commit them to memory. Each time I read/say them, two words light up in my brain, "DON'T FORGET!" How many times do we fail to remember? Oh, how I pray we won't forget~for the sake of our children and our children's children.
And for January 1st...because, though many times we may forget, we ARE in a war~
Revelation 17:14 NLT
"Together they will go to war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will defeat them because He is Lord of all lords and King of all kings. And His called and chosen and faithful ones will be with Him."
May we live in victory through the power of His Spirit and bring much honor and glory to Him. He is worthy!
2 comments:
Happy New Year, Audrey!!!
I'm memorizing along side you sweet "siesta"! Can't wait for all the Lord will do through His Word this year as we plant it in our minds and hearts!!! Blessings~
Love you, friend!
~Teri
I'm in too! Hoping to meet up in Houston again!
Post a Comment