Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 15th Scripture Memory

I'm praying if you're along for this ride that God is already blessing you for thinking more purposefully on His words. I have several verses that I came across over the last 6 months that resonated with me, although I didn't choose to memorize them at the time I saw them. I feel like it is time for this one, however:

Revelation 12:11 TNIV

(She) triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of (her) testimony;
(she) did not love (her) life so much
as to shrink from death.

I will be taking a trip very soon. It will be the longest time I have ever been away from my family. I will be in a dangerous place. I have felt no fear of going on this trip, only God's clear call for me to go. Until the last few days. The enemy is trying to feed me fear, but you know what? I don't have to eat it. I will fight the enemy and feast on God's words. A lesson from Esther...IF ________, THEN GOD. No matter what, He triumphs. Even when we don't understand...when earthquakes come and leave us filled with questions...when we get a diagnosis that leaves us speechless...when the enemy seems to be winning. He is still in control. He is still reigning from His throne. And if we'll let Him, He will continue reigning within each of us so we can be His hands and feet to a hurting world.

1 comment:

Angie Mock said...

Here's my second verse for the month:
Matthew 25:34-35,40 (NIV)
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'