Friday, January 15, 2010

Helping the enemy

"All Satan needs to have momentary victory over a DISCIPLE is for us to have in mind the things of men."

Oh, I wish it weren't so! I wish once we gave our lives over to Christ's saving power and His divine guidance that we wouldn't fall back into our fleshly ways from time to time (or day to day, or even more frequently depending on the day). My desire is never to help the enemy, but when I tear down my brothers or sisters (in word OR thought) or just don't encourage and reach out when I feel God is calling me to, I am allowing Satan to have momentary victory over me. I'm making my thoughts and feelings more important than God's words to me to do good. I think followers of Jesus rarely set out to help the enemy, but unless we set our "minds on things above, not on earthly things" (Colossians 3:2) and purposely seek to keep our mind on the things of God, our minds will naturally rest on earthly things.

This is one reason I need to dwell on and memorize scripture--to get it in my mind. I want all my efforts to go for the kingdom of God!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! Standing with you in this battle friend. To be God's instrument and no longer a flaming arrow in the hands of the enemy.

Thanks for splashing around with me today!

Joyfully,
Sarah Dawn

Beth Herring said...

Audrey - what a fabulous word today. I too, have been letting my scriptures play through my mind to overcome fear and other attacks from the devil.

Looking forward to our Siesta weekend. Hope Yolanda and I get to meet you!

Beth