Sunday, January 3, 2010

Robots, Gratefulness, and Cows

Ezekiel & Isaiah were invited to a friend's robot birthday party yesterday, which inspired their creativity today...





We didn't begin creating until this evening, so we will have to finish over the course of the next few days and I'll post the finished product. They're already talking about using them as Halloween costumes! Wow, I don't know that they'll be in very good shape by then, but we can sure try!

During bedtime we read out of either Ezekiel's "Adventure Bible for Early Readers" or Isaiah's "The Jesus Storybook Bible"--2 excellent children's Bibles we would highly recommend! They usually listen well, but tonight they both were asking for another story, then Ezekiel says, "I love reading the Bible! It is so exciting!!" Our job as parents is WAY far from over, but an excitement and love for God's Word is definitely something we want them to have and they are catching it! It's not every day we get reminders that we're on the right track, but thanks for the encouragement tonight, God!

One last thing...I guess there's two. Both boys' prayers are primarily thankful, but sometimes Ezekiel likes to get creative. He'll thank God for chickens, turkeys, pigs, cows, fish...any clue what those have in common?


All things we can eat! So tonight Ezekiel thanked God for the grass (not the first time he's done that, but...) because it feeds the cows and makes them fat so we can eat them. I had to chuckle!!!

2 comments:

Angie Mock said...

The robot costumes are great! We'll have to come over so the boys can see them once they are finished.

I love Ezekiel's comment. Doesn't it just thrill you when they say things like that?

Lora said...

Your boys are darlin'.