“Supplication for self helps us KNOW God; this step assists us as we grow in our capacity to SERVE God. Conclude your prayer time by asking Him to equip you in every way for a victorious day. You’re cleansed and prepared for His full habitation, so ask Him to fill you with His Spirit, to make Himself “conspicuous” in you and to make you victorious over the evil one. Ask Him to give you eyes that “see” Him and ears sensitized to “hear” Him. Ask Him to give you a heart to respond when He opens a door of opportunity. Ask Him to empower you to witness as He leads! Invite Him to equip you with the power of the heavenlies—a double portion of the Holy Spirit. “How much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” ASK HIM FOR IT ALL! May God fold His everlasting arms around us one day in Glory and say, “This child withheld nothing from me.” Beth More from Whispers of Hope page 7
Like yesterday, note the idea of each verse after you’ve read it:
1 Kings 3:9-10
Matthew 7:7
Matthew 21:21-22
John 14:12-14
James 1:5-8
I don’t know about you, but I need help in accomplishing all that is before me—my mind easily wanders, I’m not smart enough, my tongue gets me in trouble, I dawdle/piddle (however you call it—procrastinate by finding other things to do). I’m not looking for human sympathy, but I do need divine intervention or I will fail miserably. Psalm 37:23-24 tells us, “The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.” My ‘to-do’ list may or may not get done, but I know, if I have acknowledged the LORD’s authority over me this day, He will direct me. I still may stumble, but He’s still got me by the hand. Time to turn to your journal—let’s go through all 6 steps today—Praise—Repentance—Acknowledgement—Intercession—Supplication for Self—Equipping. May you be blessed through your honesty with our Creator!
No comments:
Post a Comment